Remote Garage Door

I cant be certain but you could try something like:

press programming button in control unit, this probably does a search for a given time maybe 10-30 secs? Then press a button on the keyfob say open/up if the door is closed or vice versa if done within the alloted time then the door should open/close you may/maynot have to press the programming button a second time to accept?

worth trying different combinations of button presses to see if you get lucky, one thing make sure you have fresh batteries in the fob.

If the unit has a rolling encryption system then you might have problems getting the fob and control unit synchronised again, it maybe that there is a way of resetting them both but without knowing the make and model it may prove hard?

ps just looked again at your first pic and there is a serial number on a label inside the unit, you could be lucky if you type it exactly as is into google, I've found several manuals for things that way in the past.

Sponsored Links
Cheers tim, i am working on getting a new battery for the fob (wierd shape battery, looks about the same diameter as a AAA but about half the height) and then will start trying different combinations of buttons to try to reprogram remote. Will also work on getting some better pics of the serial side of the unit.

Cheers Again
Jamie

Cheers tim, i am working on getting a new battery for the fob (wierd shape battery, looks about the same diameter as a AAA but about half the height) and then will start trying different combinations of buttons to try to reprogram remote. Will also work on getting some better pics of the serial side of the unit.

Cheers Again
Jamie
the battery sounds like a normal remote type is it 12volt?

Sponsored Links
Just went back to work (ruptured my patellar tendon) so haven't had anytime on my hands. Found the battery though when shopping in Morrisons (LR1) so will be fitting that and trying to reprogramme remote. Will post results on here when doen (eventually).

Cheers Again Guys
Jamie

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back