Battery Life

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

Don't quite know where to post this query...

I have a piece of equipment that was bought in December 2005. It’s run by a Li-Ion, 7.4v 1500 mAh battery pack. I recharge the battery (8.4v, 0.9amp original manufacturers charger) as soon as the a ‘low battery’ symbol is displayed. I guess I recharge the battery 6 to 10 times a year.

But I’m worried as I’m still using the original battery….

I probably recharged it (maybe) 70 times. Well short of the 200+ re-charge cycles that seem to be the recommended maximum.
The equipment / battery never gets cold or hot.
As soon as the charge is complete, I put the battery back in the equipment.

At the rate I use the battery, will it last another 7 years? Or is there a finite time it will last?

I have a digital volt meter. Immediately after charging - the battery measured 8.31v
One hour later is was 8.29v
Eight hours later it was still 8.29v

Is there a simple measurement I could make - that would give me an indication how much life there is in the battery pack?

You expert thought would be appreciated!

Kind regards - Andrew

Sponsored Links
no saying how long it will last it may give up next month
i would suspect it is approaching the end off its usefull life
does a charge last as long as when it was new ?
with nicads its a gradual shortening off the battery life as the years go on

You refer to it as a 'piece of equipment' without saying what it is, other than it runs on a battery?

Are you posting this on behalf of the wife by any chance? Nudge nudge ;) ;)

:mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
You refer to it as a 'piece of equipment' without saying what it is, other than it runs on a battery?

Are you posting this on behalf of the wife by any chance? Nudge nudge ;) ;)
Didn't realise that anyone made Li-Ion therapy equipment. I salute your greater knowledge! :LOL:

Your battery pack after charging normalizes, that is to say it comes to a balanced equilibrium with the charge in the surrounding atmosphere.
From what you have said your battery pack is absolutely normal...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back