battery

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have just put some undrecar neons and an amp 4 my sub, but my battery just keeps goin if i dont start it for like 2 days so i want to put 1 more battery in the boot just to power the fancy bits but is there some way to connect the new battery to the alternater? thanx

Sponsored Links
Oh dear.

You do realise, don't you, that you have joined a forum of generally grumpy men and our opinion is that people driving chavmobiles like yours should be shot?

What you need to do is install several extra (very heavy) batteries in the boot. Take some heapy duty jumper cable and use it to tie yourself very securely to the seat. Make sure your burberry cap is straight, and your front fog lights are on (naturally). Now drive your Saxo/Nova/whatever off the end of the nearest pier.

:LOL:

ninebob
Oh dear.

You do realise, don't you, that you have joined a forum of generally grumpy men and our opinion is that people driving chavmobiles like yours should be shot?

What you need to do is install several extra (very heavy) batteries in the boot. Take some heapy duty jumper cable and use it to tie yourself very securely to the seat. Make sure your burberry cap is straight, and your front fog lights are on (naturally). Now drive your Saxo/Nova/whatever off the end of the nearest pier.

Think ninebob 4got to say happy xmas.. :LOL: :LOL:

jimi said:
i have just put some undrecar neons and an amp 4 my sub, but my battery just keeps goin if i dont start it for like 2 days so i want to put 1 more battery in the boot just to power the fancy bits but is there some way to connect the new battery to the alternater? thanx

There's no accounting for taste, but: :LOL:

I suspect that the problem is not the existing battery, but the accessories. First thing to check is the amp. Is it switching off when you turn the car off? The power should be switched from the headunit via a single wire (might be called power-aerial switching or similar). If the amp is staying on when the car is switched off, you will of course drain the battery. If you have no means of switching the power automatically (possible in older cars with a basic headunit and no accessory setting on the ignition key), you will need to install a separate switch to turn the amp on and off.

How are the neons switched? They must be on their own switch. After all, it is totally, 100% illegal to drive on the public highway with undercar neons of ANY colour, and you WILL be stopped and issued with a producer. So, you can't just wire them to come on with your headlights or (shudder) foglights. :eek: I repeat, undercar neons are illegal for road use, not to mention gay. Not gay in a homosexual way, gay in a purely "Look at me being gay in my gay car!" kinda way. Very very gay. But that is enough about neons being so very, very, "spank my bottom please sir" gay. :rolleyes:

When people DO fit a second battery they usually do it via a split charger. But fitting a second battery is a lot of hassle, replacing the existing battery with a heavier duty version would be easier and cheaper. Also, if your alternator isn't up to the job then it won't be charging the battery enough, thus consider upgrading that too.

Sponsored Links
ninebob said:

:LOL:

Ouch, very ouch! :LOL:

Cemtex underseal usually sorts your type of problem, use a Daytonator connect to battery .... its a real blast !! ;)

nfo0168l.jpg

Split charging 2 batteries is the long term answer, maybe a lot of hassle though mounting a second battery. This link may give you some ideas of kit, you will get it cheaper though.

http://www.indexmarine.co.uk/pages/battman.htm

You may find that the battery from the diesel version of your car(if they make one) will be much heavier duty and will just replace the existing one, it may be ok using this, as long as you fit an isolator to your extra's. This would also be safer and save you insurance problems if anything goes wrong.

If you are going to park on car parks for ages listening to music etc and do fit a second battery consider a leisure battery. These have thicker plates inside and are designed so they come to no harm with continual flattening, whereas ordinary ones aren't.

I once saw an American car that was fitted with a battery that was split internally. I am going back about 4 or 5 years, at the time I believe it was quite a new idea. Part of the battery was separate just for the starter. The idea was in case you left your lights on etc,It looked just the same though. I can't remember the car(possibly Corvette or Cadilac) but it was definately an American General Motors. Great idea for your problem, ask about it on an American site and they will probably know.

1st i am not a boy racer just like to mod my car as a hobby are would you like me robbin your houses instead you decide second my bro is a police offecer so i know all the laws about neons but thanx 4 the really answers.
when i turn my car off every thing goes of the noens have own s/w amp goes off with car dunno whats makin it go flat?

Chill out jimi! nobodies having a go, if you were a regular on the site you would know that people like to have a laugh, stop taking life so seriously.

Are you sure your extra's are causing the problem and its not just a coincidence?

I would take out your fuses one at a time to try to determine whats making your battery go flat then take it from there.

If you fit an extra battery in the boot -- do ensure it is very securely fixed.
Top Gear boys did a test some time back, a normal size tool box in boot, car on test rig stopping dead from 30 mph - toolbox came through rear seat and smashed front seats apart ... I think an atlas on rear parcel shelf went through windscreen !! When the car stopped dead, unrestrained items carried on at an initial 44 ft/sec about 3.4 car lengths in 1 sec !!
P

"Look at me being gay in my gay car!"

Its not true! there cant be more than one gay, I'm the only gay in this forum :LOL:

My son bought a gel battery to replace the normal lead acid, OK it cost £180 but never looked back as it is far better. He has lights under the car as well. He has only been pulled up by the police once and they complained about the front under light. Although it is green they said that it was not legel and to remove it.

You're only allowed to display green light if you are a doctor on call... Not sure about amber though, anyone is allowed to display amber light but I don't think it is allowed to be under the car.

I once bought an Ex Ambulance, complete with Blue light (which I thought was pretty cool). Before I had a chance to pick it up, the previous owners son was caught using it on the road. They made him remove it on the spot and then confiscated it!

Bl**ding cheek, it wasn't even his light, it was MINE. :evil:

any garage will do a drop test on the battery for you to eliminate it as a problem, but if was okay before you put the bits on then something is draining it.
Normal way is to put a multimeter across the battery and if you can see a drain then take the fuses out (starting with the amp and lights) until it stops

Sponsored Links
Back