batton and boarding over concrete floor???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all
i live i a terraced house and the living room has a floorboard floor with laminate on and theres a 10mm rise to the kitchen concrete floor. the concrete floor is not quite good enough to lay lino on and its also very cold so i was toying with the idea of laying some battons about every 300mm and boarding over them.
my main question is whats the thinnest battons i could get away with as theres already 10mm height difference and what boards should i use
all suggestions welcome

Sponsored Links
also just another thought would it be possible to lay marine ply or similar streight onto concrete?

Rule 5 states no double posting!
If you search the previous questions I'm sure you'll find sensible answers.

Sponsored Links
mr redherring what has locality to do with it? concrete is the same world over i am from leeds. sorry if i offended or upset you but i thought it would be adults reading my post with a little sense of humour :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back