Concrete floor in a housseboat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there,

I have a concrete floor in a houseboat that was laid two and a half years ago to the depth of 6 inches aprox. I had wanted the builders to put a waterproof membrane over the concrete then wooden battons to level with chipboard on top and insulation between.

What they have actually done is not sealed the concrete in any way but used treated wood battons and no insulation. The gap is 4inches, the hull is steel.

What I would love your opinion on is weather I could take up just the chipboard and put rockwool insulation in between the battons. Or weather now that there is no moister barrier that i will need to leave the gap for air circulation to stop the battons rotting.

What do you think, I really want to insulate and it would also help sound insulation as steel boats are drums!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back