Batton Down The Hatches - England Going To RED ALERT

upload_2022-2-18_10-14-0.gif

The effing peril.

Sponsored Links
Was calm in Henley this morning
But just lost a few scaffold boards in the last gust think I might get off this roof

Big Jet TV is live from Heathrow on YooToob. If it's anything like the last storm then he's gonna get some £money shots !

Big Jet TV is live from Heathrow on YooToob. If it's anything like the last storm then he's gonna get some £money shots !

A family member lives in Weybridge and they can hear the planes screaming as they adjust their rudders and see them wobble as they leave and approach Heathrow

We had a gust here abot ten mins ago took off a branch at the bottom of our 300 foot garden

Sponsored Links
At this late stage ICON EU model, might have the edge and is aligning with the met office synoptic I shared yesterday. GFS is saying it's more south coast.

Both are saying the power is reduced from what we were expecting earlier.

Any power cuts in London/SE atm?

I am praying this storm turns out to be not as devasting as anticpated.

I thank the Met Office for the heads up, appreciated.

He's a narcissistic and vainglorious popinjay.
I've remembered the rest of his name....... it was Patel007

Although I confess that I might be mixing up this forum and the now closed GD forum on MSE.

Looking around at webcams it doesn't seem to be as bad as suggested. That based on what I have seen in the past on rocky shores. Not had much look finding a good webcam for that sort of area though. Where I have seen spray getting up to >20ft easily is in pembrokeshire. Things don't look that bad at all there.

Its the gusts that takedown advertising hoardings, roofs and even more dangerous on the whole is debris flying into people their face/eye even at much lower speeds

The 1987 storm was Oct if I recall well and we had leaves on trees in London, hence loads of trees were uprooted and several on our tree-lined road at the time,

Sponsored Links
Back