Batton Down The Hatches - England Going To RED ALERT

Looking around at webcams it doesn't seem to be as bad as suggested. That based on what I have seen in the past on rocky shores. Not had much look finding a good webcam for that sort of area though. Where I have seen spray getting up to >20ft easily is in pembrokeshire. Things don't look that bad at all there.

the gusts can be ten minutes apart or more, so watching a webcam you might not catch one.

there are people who let their dogs off the lead on the beach in storms and some of them get drowned (more often the owners)

the '87 storm had very few deaths because most people were safely tucked up in bed, not driving, wandering the streets, or up ladders.

Sponsored Links
The big tent in London has suffered

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...es-millions-to-stay-indoors-live-news-updates

3500.jpg

It looks like I would have needed to look at the webcams around 8am this morning. There are some live ones around. There may be a Severn storm surge high tide at Clevedon ~20-30. They have a webcam but sunset is at ~17.30
We have only really had gusts in B'ham. Worst probably around 13.00 and odd ones now and again now.

Sponsored Links
I believe the storm will be most severe down south, which is why it is being advertised as Very Serious.

It looks like I would have needed to look at the webcams around 8am this morning. There are some live ones around. There may be a Severn storm surge high tide at Clevedon ~20-30. They have a webcam but sunset is at ~17.30
We have only really had gusts in B'ham. Worst probably around 13.00 and odd ones now and again now.

Sadly, too many idiots do not have the capacity to determine why it is not safe to go out in weather like this. They see gaps as you said and the sun and think, "WTF were they on about." Then when out gusts of 5/0/60/80mph come along and embed a bin in their car roof and if really unlucky, in their mush or a slate coming off a roof or the whole roof, most likely the twigs etc act like missiles in weather like this.

I believe the storm will be most severe down south, which is why it is being advertised as Very Serious.

Very serious as in "I only read Dostoevsky books", or very serious as in "one tree fell over & a tent got ripped???

Wasn't too bad when I went out at 0730, pretty gusty, but when I went out to the van an hour and a half later it was awful, sat in the van for five mins and it was rocking about, saw a few fallen trees on the way home. Some power cuts locally, about 500 homes around Trewoon won't have power till midnight, we're OK and hopefully the pub won't be affected.

Hardly worth closing schools colleges and ........Marks And Spencer :eek:. ffs.
What have we become?

Sponsored Links
Back