Baumatic BT81.1GL Extractor hood lights not working.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does any one know where I can obtain replacement transformer for Baumatic BT82.1GL cooker hood.

Not getting 12v on transformer output.

The only part number I can see is TRA 060-01

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Can you easily remove the transformer? You should be able to pick up if the answer is yes. What wattage are the bulbs?

If you take it to the nearest electrical wholesaler they should be able to supply a replacement - prbably not the same make.

Thanks for replying.

Just managed to remove transformer, was difficult to get to nut holding it in place.
They are 20w bulbs.

Am going to walk to local electric shop but is probably shut now.
Look on internet and one site wanted £51:99.
Seemed a bit steep to me.

Beware, the transformer might not 'show' 12v unless the lamp is plugged in. I'm guessing you've got some kind of multi-meter? Hopefully you can use this to check continuity on the lamp. Check where the lamp terminates too.

Edit: I'm 90% sure that your 12v G4 will use the same transformer as a 12v MR16 lamp, of which millions are in peoples ceilings around the country. Even the lamp terminals are the same. If so you can get what you need for less than a tenner. :D

Sponsored Links
Shop was shut :(

Now I have the transformer out can I test it some how ?

Can I not connect to mains and just check if 12v on output ?
or
does it require a load ?
If so can I not just connect one bulb ?

I have a multi meter.

It'll require a load in order to test and yes you can connect it to the mains to test but first check if the input is 230v. All the trannys I've seen have details on the housing. Have you made sure the lamps themselves are ok? Are the termination points clean/free of grease etc?

Thanks for replying guys.

Will test next week and if faulty will buy the one from screwfix.

Happy new year to you all :D

Just check, the thread is titled BT81.1GL
But your post says BT82.1GL

I expect they are the same tranny though - as staed above the rating will be written on it.

Hi,

Still not fixed tranformer.

Was wondering if I could use this one.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/robus-rm70d-20-70w-electronic-transformer-240v/97554

Robus RM70D 20-70W Electronic Transformer 240V

Product Code: 97554
Polycarbonate. Large mains terminals for loop in and loop out, no need for a junction box. Not pre-wired. EN 61347.
•Dimmable
•IP20
•Short Circuit Protection with Auto Re-Set
•Thermal Overload Protection
•Soft-Start Function
•Radio Interference Suppression
•W x D x L: 45 x 20 x 127mm
•Max. Ambient Temperature: 40°C
•Max. Case Temperature: 70°C
•Model No: RM70D

The other one mentioned was pre wired but this is not.

Could this save me using wire connectors ?

Steve

We've got a Baumatic hood (virtually the same just flat glass) and both bulbs 'failed' on it a while back.

Turned out to be the glass fuse in the bulb unit. It fits in length ways with a plastic cap over the top. The fuse hadn't actually gone it just seemed to have moved and thus stopped the unit working. I guess the vibration did it over a prolonged period of time.

We've got a Baumatic hood (virtually the same just flat glass) and both bulbs 'failed' on it a while back.

Turned out to be the glass fuse in the bulb unit. It fits in length ways with a plastic cap over the top. The fuse hadn't actually gone it just seemed to have moved and thus stopped the unit working. I guess the vibration did it over a prolonged period of time.

I've tried to find the fuse but can't. Are you able to tell me were I can find it?

Pollap

Is this a new question, or has it something to do with the thread from last January.??

If it is new, please use the edit button.
Delete your post and then start a NEW TOPIC

Your problem will almost certainly be different.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back