Baumatic F60.2SS cooker hood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I've got a Baumatic F60.2SS cooker hood which has been making a horrible vibrating/rattling sound since we moved in almost a year ago. It still works as I can feel the air coming out of the vent on the outside of the house it just makes a racket you can hardly talk over. I've heard of this problem before and think that replacing the impeller http://www.espares.co.uk/part/cooke...399180/1386373/cooker-hood-impeller.html?rf=4 is the way to go.

Do you guys reckon that this is the problem and how would I go about replacing it once the part arrives? Is it a difficult job?

Hope this post is in the right place!

Sponsored Links
If you are mechanically minded I wouldn't think you would find it difficult.

However, I would think a new impeller unlikely to solve the problem.
There isn't much to go wrong with the impeller itself - although, I suppose it could have become loose.

If it is rattling it is more likely to be a worn bearing or something warped which is fouling the impeller.

Hi thanks for the reply. I'm not particularly mechanically minded but having read the 31 reviews of this part a lot of people seemed to have the same problem and once replaced it seemed a lot quieter. I may give it a go anyway given the relatively cheap price and awful din when cooking!

Sponsored Links
I have gone out on repairs where the impeller has come loose and will be very noisy whilst running loose.
It's normally a matter of getting inside the unit and fixing it back on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back