Baumatic electric hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,
We have a ceramic hob Baumati AS6.1 B12 Which has developed a fault.It was installed about 4 years ago by kitchen fitter.When i turn on a hotplate the top left one comes on also,does this with all 3 other hotplates!Spoke to technical dept. at Baumatic they said probably selector in control panel and i wouldnt be able to do it myself.Your thoughts please?Also how do i access this?we have a fitted oven underneath does this need to come out?Lastly is it dangerous to continue using it?I can utilise this faulty ring when cooking so isnt much of a problem.
Regards
Paul

Sponsored Links
Can nobody help me with this one?Is it knackared?and if its knackared how do i access it to remove?Underneath remove oven first??
Regards
Paul

:( :(

They have told you the part you need, how much is it.
Its no point getting the hob out if you cant replace the part.
Having a guess, you will need to remove the oven, it may slide out or have a couple of screws under a trim..Then the hob may have a clap underneath holding it it. It may even be just dropped in above, have you tried to lift the hob.

TURN OF THE POWER FIRST

Sponsored Links
Hi thanks for reply,they never told me how much for the part ,only that i wouldnt be able to do it myself,and that call out was £88 plus parts etc.seen a identical model on flea bay £115 local to me so may just replace it.Thats why i wanted to know how to access it.Tis a brand new one 12 months guarantee,just no packaging!
Regards
Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back