Baumatic Range Cooker BC392.2TCSS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am really looking for some help/advice if someone has maybe had the same problems!

I bought the above range cooker from someone and it was brand new. I have had two gas fitters out to fit the cooker and both are stating that there is a part missing called 'inlet pipe brass adapter'.

I have spoken to two independant companies who have both said that this part is not supplied byt the manufacturer and then you can buy one from any DIY/plumb store???? They state that because these cookers are made in Europe that they don't come with this part and it's only UK cookers that do hwoever they both stated that this shouldn't be a problem!

I have had my gas off for over a fortnight now and I am at my wits end :(

I am currently liaising with Baumatic who have conviently went into administration :mad:

But just thought that maybe someone on here could help me out!!

If needed I can post pic from back of the cooker if it helps!!

TIA,

Sponsored Links
If this is a standard plumbing fitting (which I suspect it is) then I'm puzzled why neither of the gas fitters was able to supply it and fit the cooker.

A pic of the cooker might help.

What you need is a flexible hose which will connect to a bayonet fitting on the end of the gas supply pipe, plus a standard 1/2" BSP connector to join the flex hose to the inlet pipe in your picture.

How is the gas supply currently presented to the location of the cooker? Does it already have a bayonet fitting? Why didn't the gas fitters do the work for you? Were you paying them to connect (in which case they should have been able to do it) or were they part of an 'installation team' from the supplier of the cooker (in which case they expect everything to be in situ for them to hook up)?

There's nothing unusual about the cooker but clearly a misunderstanding between you, the fitters and the supplier I think.

Sponsored Links
Really appreciate your help with this!!

The gas man was being paid to connect it to the gas supply but they seemed to think that a piece was missing and it should come from the manufacturer!!

Spoke to the manufacturer and they said 100% they do not supply this bayonet and its simply purchased from a plumb shop!

I am so glad you have said that there should be no problem fitting it because i really thought that i would have had to buy another one!!

Sounds like your gas man had never fitted a cooker before as it's all fairly standard stuff. I can only suggest you try and get a recommendation from someone locally and when you make contact with the fitter, explain that he will need to supply the parts to install it. Just make sure he is Gas Safe registered and knows how to install cookers!

EDIT: just found these links. I don't suggest you buy from ebay but just to give you an idea of the sort of things you need.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/gas-cooker-fittings
http://www.bes.co.uk/product/5a~NG~255~255~-Gas-Cooker-Installation-Kits.html

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back