Help on getting right part for baumatic BT2450 gas cooker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I have just purchased a duel fuel Baumatic BT2450 cooker, I am not going to install the gas myself, but i have noticed the bayonet hose i have doesn't just screw in to the back of the cooker, like my old the did. I am female so bare with me while i explain the problem please... On the back of the cooker there is the gas pipe with an end on it which moves up and down which has a male end on it which is the same size as the end on the gas hose, so i am wondering if i am missing a specific part to connect the two together?? And does any one know what part this is, and is it easy to buy? I want to get all the parts ready for when the corgi man comes round to install it, to try and keep my costs down. I read on here about a connection which i tried to see if it fitted, but the male end on the cooker still slid up and down appro 1-2cm, surely gas would still leak out from this?? And the part Baumatic said i need did the same too.

Any help on obtaining the right piece would be great, thankyou very much

Kate :D :D

Sponsored Links
Hi and thanks i think that is the part i have, it's threaded all the way through, but if you connect the hose and back off the cooker it still moves!! Which i can't understand, thanks again anymore ideas, please :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back