Baxi 100HE plus - erratic loss of pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My combi boiler is four years old. 'Problem is that the pressure reduces erratically causing the boiler to trip. This can happen 4/5 times a day or, at other times, the boiler runs happily for several days. My heating engineer thinks this pressure loss is due to a leak in the pipes or radiators involving taking up the floorboards. My thinking is that it is a boiler fault as surely a leak in the piping would result in pressure drop at a roughly uniform rate unless there are particles in the piping which could provide a temporary seal.
Is there any part of this boiler that could affect it in this way and would it be an idea to pressurise the system and then isolate the boiler to see if the pressure falls. Any advice will be welcomed and appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Isolating your boiler is a simple thing to try.

You seem to have more idea what to do than your heating engineer!

Another thing is to see the pressure with the heating cold, set it to 1.5 Bar and then heat up the rads and see what pressure increase there is. It should not normally increase beyond about 1.8 Bar.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back