Baxi 100HE plus - Water Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Before I start I will give you some background info on myself - I work for the Gas Emergency Service in the East Midlands, I hold a full Gas Safe ticket with work (ESP, Meters, Pipework etc) and I also have a registration in my own name with Central Heating, Cookers, Fires and Water heaters. The main reason I did my own ACS was to do the odd installation or service for friends and family etc, but as most installers/engineers know, it never works like that. The faults soon start coming in.

Today a good friend called to say he had a leak on his Baxi 100HE plus, (installed approx 7/8 years ago) so i popped round after work to have look. It appears that the leak is coming from inside the combustion chamber, running down the left hand side of the heat exchanger as you look at it. Is there a common problem with these? I cant see anywhere obvious where the water is coming from as the inlet and outlet to the HEX is on the right hand side. Water pressure is dropping so I am pretty sure it is system water that is leaking.

After reading this site for a year or so now, i know there are some very knowledgable people on here - with much more experience in fault finding than myself. I would appreciate a bit of advice on this if possible.

Many thanks in advance,

Chris

Sponsored Links
Chris, register yourself in the Combustion Chamber as this is gas related work as you have the covers off the boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back