baxi 105 e room thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello everybody,i have a baxi 105e combi boiler with a time control built in, iv'e been looking at a Honeywell CMT927 (CM927) Wireless Programmable Room Thermostat or something similar and wonder if it would be possible to use one of these with my boiler as i dont have a room thermostat fitted anywhere at the moment as all rooms have thermostatic radiator valves. Any thoughts on the matter would be gratefully accepted, many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yep, that'll work just fine, just remember to swap the TRV on the rad in the room where the roomstat is fitted with a normal wheel valve

Many thanks for the reply, hadn't thought about removing radiator valve, is it a major job to wire receiver unit into boiler or is it something a very competent diy'er could do, would i be right in assuming i can switch central heating on from where ever thermostatic sendr unit is as opposed to going to where boiler is ie upstairs if i want to override time controls?
many thanks again.

is it a major job to wire receiver unit into boiler or is it something a very competent diy'er could do,
The receiver needs a permanent 230vac supply from the same connection as the boilers supply (two wire only, no earth) to the L and N terminals to run the device.

It then requires a twin cable from the A and B terminals to the boiler terminals 1 and 2 (far end from the fuse). The link joining 1 and 2 must be removed.

If you wanted to, you could use a four core cable and take the supply from the boilers L and N terminals

It's diagram 4b in the installation manual

would i be right in assuming i can switch central heating on from where ever thermostatic sender unit is as opposed to going to where boiler is ie upstairs if i want to override time controls?
many thanks again.
Yes

Sponsored Links
[If you wanted to, you could use a four core cable and take the supply from the boilers L and N terminals

Although running a five core and terminating the cpc correctly at the roomstat would be correct.

[If you wanted to, you could use a four core cable and take the supply from the boilers L and N terminals
Although running a five core and terminating the cpc correctly at the roomstat would be correct.
I should, of course, have said a four core plus earth cable.

The CM927 receiver does not have an earth terminal and does not require one, so I don't see how the CPC can be terminated correctly. The earth core is redundant and can be cut off flush with the outer sheath at each end.

Using a three core plus earth and then using the earth wire as a current carrying wire is a a non-starter.

Thanks for your replies, i now know what i'm doing and have ordered the thermostat, glad i've found the forum, many thanks for your advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back