Installing Room Thermostats with Baxi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

This is my 1st post.

I have just moved into a Victorian house with a Baxi Combi 105e boiler. There is currently no room thermostats anywhere in the house. To save on heating bills, I was thinking of installing a thermostat in the living room.

Is this an easy job for a novice DIY’er to undertake and if so has anyone got any advice on a suitable programmable thermostat to purchase??

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Is there no trv's.If not then a roomstat is cheap and if you know how easy to fit.It is basically a switch,that knocks off when hot enough.your boiler has a link in on were roomstat live and switch live will go,it is easy enough just make sure you know it s correct when wiring up

Each radiator has a TRV but I really want a way to program when the heating comes on too. E.g. longer running times at weekends as apposed to during the week.

Will most units be compatible with by boiler, so do I need a special unit???

Sponsored Links
programmable roomstat. we dont set on off times anymore , we set temperature times.

Roomstat is easy enough, but as it wires into the mains in most cases it needs testing. As you do not have one currently it is likely that it was illegally installed and hence no telling if it is safe or not.

Is this an easy job for a novice DIY’er to undertake and if so has anyone got any advice on a suitable programmable thermostat to purchase??

How Novice?
Have you done any electrics before?
Can you understand a wiring diagram?
Does the boiler have a built-in time-switch or is there an external one?

At least it is a combi boiler, so the wiring is easier - no zone or mid-position valves and cylinder stats to worry about!

A wireless stat will be much easier to install as you will not have to worry about running a cable to the programmer position from the boiler and you can experiment with the best position for the control unit.

I would recommend the Honeywell CM921(24 hour) or CM927 (7 day).

Thanks for you input

The wiring is not a problem because my brother is an electrician and I’ve had a look at the boiler manual and it looks quite easy. I take it I put the boiler on constant and then the thermostat will turn the boiler on and off.

Thanks for the wireless input. Do you know if these will interfere with my wireless Internet????

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back