baxi 105 he combi - boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone help please - i have a baxi 105 he combi boiler fitter, it has worked fine for some 2 years now and is a very good piece of kit. however i recently had it serviced by British Gas and since then it has begun to make loud noises. basically when the heating system kicks in it makes a sound similar to a fog horn on a ship, this is cancelled out when i place the hot water tap on. i have had the gas men out twice since and they have changed a few things but never go rid of the problem. can someone help please, the pressure in the system is fine at between 1 and 1.5. all the radiators are filled correctly and i think no air in the system. hot water is fine and the heating when the noise is cancelled is hot and working. the noise is just horrid evertime the heater comes on it makes it.,..,. thanks mark

Sponsored Links
In all fairness you cannot blame BG as (most likely) it might not have been serviced (see your contract) but safety checked lasting 10-15 minutes. They normaly carry out flue gas analysis and base repairs on the reading obtained. On a normal fan flued boiler, water carrying components are more likely to perish long before combustion process in in the gutter. When it comes to repairs, your is a typical example unless you get one of their proper engineer who will I am sure provide excellent service without guesswork.

got same boiler, i bleed radiators to cure

your rads have probally been idle all summer so a quick bleed

if it cuts out at all switch power off for ten mins and it resets itself

i love mine

Sponsored Links
They baxi /potterton guys on here say that noise is caused by the minumum pressure being too high on initial light up, sounds like they have altered it .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back