BAXI 105 HE FLAME FAILURE

Sponsored Links
If it's lighting it's unlikely to be the APS, has to be something to do with flame detection. If the APS didn't make, the boiler would never light.

I have seen a problem where the HT lead to the ignition electrode was broken. The spark could still jump the break in the conductor within the insulation and light the flame, but the current for flame detection couldn't, so the gas would shut off. BUT, it wasn't on this boiler, which has a separate flame detection electrode (in the case I describe, the ignition electrode was also used for flame detection) so may not be applicable here.

I would test the cable to the flame detection electrode for continuity and replace if necessary.

If it's lighting it's unlikely to be the APS, has to be something to do with flame detection. If the APS didn't make, the boiler would never light.

I have seen a problem where the HT lead to the ignition electrode was broken. The spark could still jump the break in the conductor within the insulation and light the flame, but the current for flame detection couldn't, so the gas would shut off. BUT, it wasn't on this boiler, which has a separate flame detection electrode (in the case I describe, the ignition electrode was also used for flame detection) so may not be applicable here.

I would test the cable to the flame detection electrode for continuity and replace if necessary.

That cable has been ordered and will be replaced tomorrow night. i hope its this simple!

Sponsored Links
Maybe i am stating the obvious here but do you have your own registration? Competant?

If not you have already broken the law........this site doesn't facilitate diy gas.......other posters note this too

Maybe i am stating the obvious here but do you have your own registration? Competant?

If not you have already broken the law........this site doesn't facilitate diy gas.......other posters note this too

I'm not doing this work, my plumber is,
I'm asking because my plumber is at a loss...
I'm getting desperate and seeking advise...
I've had no heating for 10days now, please sympathise...
I'm competent, but not a law breaker!

Still cold in the meantime!

There is far to much confusion on this thread,i would suggest you get a competent engineer to repair your boiler as the "plumber " you have employed does not know what he is doing.
If you call Heateam They will have your boiler up and running within 30 minutes.

I know this is an old thread but I came across the exact same problem yesterday. It turns out the yellow and green wire connected to the condensate trap became wet. Once this cable was removed the boiler was fine. Just make sure this cable does not get wet.

I hope you haven't disconnected the wire...that would be defeating one of the safety devices.

Quite apart from that, early on he said that the wire had been disconnected and it still faulted.

The problem is that he had employed a "plumber" who had no idea about boiler fault diagnosis!

Tony

Quite apart from that, early on he said that the wire had been disconnected and it still faulted.

The problem is that he had employed a "plumber" who had no idea about boiler fault diagnosis!

Tony

No Tony read the post again the boiler that the wire was disconnected and still faulted was a different boiler in 2010, probably still going though cos they rebuilt it with all the parts they changed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back