Baxi 105 HE - Hot water cycling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Having a nightmare with my boiler. Hot water cycles - get's really hot, scorching hot, then cycling to luke warm, back to very hot. Burner effectively cuts out for 10 seconds then fires back up then does the same again after a minute. This only happens with hot water, CH runs fine (although I only have CH temp turned up to 2/3 max, any higher the radiators are too hot to touch) so may well do it for them also?

The parts I've had replaced in the last few weeks are:

• PCB (this was 12 months ago actually)
  • Diverter valve removed, cleaned, diaphragm check and ok. Front and back nut thingys replaced and regreased - pin moves freely (this was leaking from the pipes at the bottom for a while, but this leak has been fixed now and doesn't anymore)
  • Primary heat exchanger cleaned & re-fitted
  • Plate heat exchanger cleaned & re-fitted.
  • New DHW temp sensor fitted
  • Central heating system has been filled with Fernox F2 and flushed.
  • Boiler has been serviced.
Any ideas what else it could be?

I actually have a different looking diverter valve than I think I should on the 105 HE

Mine looks like this:

248734-500x500_0.jpg

Whereas when I ordered the part for the diaphragm, it came for this one - which every time I google the 105 HE they seem to have this fitted instead:

s-l500.jpg

So not sure if the wrong part has been fitted at some point? (lived here less than 2 years) Or if this makes a difference?

Any advice much appreciated - thanks.

Sponsored Links
looks like the valve off the instant,your issue may be gas related as the boiler may not be modulating ,get a engineer in with the correct test gear

yours is a Baxi 105HE instant not a 105HE they are not the same boiler

Providing plate has properly been cleaned then as has been said sounds like modulation ,low on gas valve will be set far too high

Edit
What is hot water demand light doing when tap on is it steady or flashing

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Providing plate has properly been cleaned then as has been said sounds like modulation ,low on gas valve will be set far too high

Edit
What is hot water demand light doing when tap on is it steady or flashing

Hopefully plate has been cleaned well enough. Perhaps I should just get a new one?

When hot water demand the light is steady no flashing. No warning lights at all. All temperature lights did flash occasionally but this was before any parts were replaced

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back