Baxi 105 HE Instant - low pressure in an hour - condensation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have read several different threads so I think I may have arrived at what I think is the problem. The Heat Exchanger unit but hopefully someone in the know can help confirm.

Water is dripping (almost pouring when pressure is lifted to 1.5 plus) out of the condensation pipe (the white plastic one that comes out of the trap. Nothing out of PRV and pressure hardly manages to go over 2.

Have isolated the central heating system and pressure falls rapidly still, so no leaks in system.

If its the Heat Exchange unit , is this something easy to replace or are we talking a corgi engineer.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
That does sound like the hex is leaking, most certainly not a diy job.
Corgi is no more when it comes to gaswork, what you need these days is a Gas Safe Register member, the successor of corgi.
Make sure you check the card which as the chap's name and photo on it; no card, no excuses; come back with card or find someone else.

Secondary heat exchanger gone, top right handside.
Part is around a £100 and depending on access around boiler it can be changed in situ ( bolted on from behind).
If not its boiler off the wall

Sponsored Links
Simple we have no way off knowing if proper clearances have been left , if the guy has nimble hands/flexible back etc if close to ceiling or tools to get to bolt etc,

Have done quite a few never had to remove boiler from wall !

Done quite a few does that mean there is a fault with them then has baxi realised any info to yous regards failure rate

I do have to say that so far I have never had to replace any recouperator.

Having said that I dont go to so many with non stainless inner tubes.

I therefore conclude that its not a major failure point on any model.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back