Baxi 105 Leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning,
Lately our Baxi boiler has been heating the radiators when we shower. I've taken a quick look and, what I believe to be the '3 way valve' is leaking.
Is there a kit I can get to service this? I'm guessing a gasket but possibly and inner diaphragm will need replacing as well?

Here is a pic:

Sponsored Links
All you need is a new diaphragm.

Although while doing that fitting a new front gland is a good idea.

They can be fitted from the front by undoing those nuts round the edge and the front thin tube nut.

Obviously (?) you need to turn off the cold water in to the boiler and open a hot tap.

Tony

Thank you Agile.
I've ordered a diaphragm kit. Doesn't see that there is a gasket between those halves from what I gather.

The diaphragm forms the gasket.

BUT have just noticed that you say the rads are heating on DHW use. My posting above was only for the leaking part.

The manifold section behind is passing water to the heating.

It is possible to dismantle and clean them. But I only replace them for customers. Cost about £100.

Annoying job too!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
The diaphragm forms the gasket.

BUT have just noticed that you say the rads are heating on DHW use. My posting above was only for the leaking part.

The manifold section behind is passing water to the heating.

It is possible to dismantle and clean them. But I only replace them for customers. Cost about £100.

Annoying job too!

Tony
Thanks gents. It's definitely leaking from the diaphragm section. So I'm going to replace that today. Regarding the manifold, I think it will probably be better to replace. Whilst I'm confident in my ability it looks like a pig to do so I think we'll limp through until after Christmas when we've got some money to pay our usual plumber.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back