Baxi 105e banging and pressure spikes on heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a heating guy remove a radiator in the kitchen at the weekend. Unfortunately he left just as we switched the heating back on and we followed not long after. Came back after 2 hours to find the boiler had alarmed out with a fan / flu error. This must have happened almost immediately as all rads were stone cold. After a bit bit of searching we traced the error to a broken wire on the fan. We now have water but no heating. If we start the heating after about 30 secs the pressure fluctuates wildly between 1 and 3 bar and a very loud knocking noise is heard (like the boiler is about to explode). Now the rad is back on in the kitchen I still have the same fault. The only thing I have found is that the bathroom lock shield valve had been left shut when the system was repressurised (now open again). I am not sure how this rad is plumbed into the system.
Pump appears to be running (removed screw from from front and carefully pushed a screwdriver in to check it was moving). I don't know whether to drain the system and start again. Also not sure that when we went out if the boiler was banging like that has damgaged been caused.

I am now at a loss. Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Get the guy back to sort it out. That is the beauty of getting someone to do work for you- they mess up they fix it.

I am surprised you are looking for assistance here when calling the plumber would be cost effective and quicker to resolve the problem

Check under the boiler , two outer pipes he has not by anychance left the boiler isolators off

Check under the boiler , two outer pipes he has not by anychance left the boiler isolators off

Done that and got the Tee shirt and the rollicking that went with it :oops:

Job was a 100 miles up the road, and I had to go back, an headbanging emoticon

Sponsored Links
Had a heating guy remove a radiator in the kitchen at the weekend. Unfortunately he left just as we switched the heating back on and we followed not long after. Came back after 2 hours to find the boiler had alarmed out with a fan / flu error. This must have happened almost immediately as all rads were stone cold. After a bit bit of searching we traced the error to a broken wire on the fan. We now have water but no heating. If we start the heating after about 30 secs the pressure fluctuates wildly between 1 and 3 bar and a very loud knocking noise is heard (like the boiler is about to explode). Now the rad is back on in the kitchen I still have the same fault. The only thing I have found is that the bathroom lock shield valve had been left shut when the system was repressurised (now open again). I am not sure how this rad is plumbed into the system.
Pump appears to be running (removed screw from from front and carefully pushed a screwdriver in to check it was moving). I don't know whether to drain the system and start again. Also not sure that when we went out if the boiler was banging like that has damgaged been caused.

I am now at a loss. Thanks in advance

Oh dear :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back