Baxi 105e Boiling Hot Tap Water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently moved in to a house which has a Baxi 105e Combi Boiler.

The hot tap water gets boiling hot quite quick and I cant find a temp control for the tap water on the bolier. Ive spoken to 2 plumbers and they both say the boiler does not have water temp control.

I find this hard to believe! Does anyone know this boiler? is this the case?

Im soon going to have to change my taps for mixer taps/sinks to over come the problem.

Thanks for looking! Matt

Sponsored Links
Well the HW hasa separate sensor so whoever your talking to is talking pish

Sponsored Links
How strong is the flow of water from the hot tap?
It could be a sensor or maybe it's burning too much gas.
Instead of speaking to two plumbers, ask one gasman to check it out.
If you've just moved in the chances are it's needing a service.

The flow is good, I asked the guy who installed it and he showed me the preheat, so I tried it but it doesn't keep the water to the desired temp.

The previous owners kept it regularly serviced so it seems a little odd for it to be this way.

I would guess the spindle's snapped on the temp control knob.

I would not believe the spindle to have snapped, more likely left or dropped out when some work was done (ie PCB change) in the past.

Or the sensor...

This s so odd that you are saying there is no hot control when we all know there is one.

Can you turn it slowly anticlockwise ( minimum ) and see if it turns smoothly.

Try it at minimum and halfway.

When the PCB is changed it can be refitted with the knob shaft 180 degrees out of position.

But when anyone buys a property its sensible to immediately have the boiler serviced and checked for correct operation.

Tony

The dial does turn and feels engaged as per normal. The lights on the front show the water temp and soon get to 60-80, not sure if theres a 100 degree light!

The temperature lights on the front are not the temp of your hot water, that's the heating side (which also heats your hot water) are you sure it's not a 105 instant? You said it has a preheat, if it has a preheat then its a 105 instant . If so then the hot water is factory set, the temperature control only controls the preheat temp.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back