Baxi 105e combi no central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Baxi 105e combi gives us hot water but no central heating whether the timer is set to 'timed' or 'constant'. With the selector switch set to 'both', the HW LED and flame LED light up but the CH LED does not. The pressure is 1.5 Bar and I have had the end cap off the pump to prove that it is working. There are no fault indicators lit. This fault developed suddenly without anything being done to the system.

Sponsored Links
Terminal block on boiler, put a link between 1 and 2.
See sticker on boiler for more info.

Hmm looks like I messed up with my earlier reply sorry. Anyhow I have the same problem, so did ZAD in May 2008, exactly the same description of the fault, except mine was intermittent for a while. Anyhow I can't tell you I fixed it, only what I have done. I checked both CH and HW temp sensors and they were both okay at about 10K ohm when cold, and dropping to below 1K when hot. I also changed the main circuit board, and I should have said before this I disconnected my room stat from connections 1, and 2 on the AC block, and put a wire link across. None of these things made the slightest difference. The pressure is okay at around 1.5 so no clue what to think of next. Anyone have any further thoughts ?.

Cheers DDSK

Can't remember off the top of my head what this boiler has internallybut could bea fault with the diverter valve not switching over to C/H it is a common fault on some baxi combis which reqs the valve cartridge to be changed..

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tip on the diverter valve, I have the service manual so will take a look. The fault finding guide is to say the least somwhat sketchy :).

If I wanted CH then the easiest way to do it was to unplug the HW temperature sensor. Then I get CH, albeit the sensor warning led flashes. A small price to pay when it's cold :).

I have no problem by the way in giving my name it is Dave. I can imagine this problem is driving the others as bats as it is me :).

Question though. If the diverter valve didn't change over would that in itself stop the CH led radiator icon from lighting ?. Is there some electrical feedback from that to the circuit board ?.

More questions than answers :).

Cheers Dave.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back