Baxi 105e flame and fan light flashing together

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My baxi 105e has the following problem
The Flame and the Fan lights flash together and I get no heat or HW, if I do a reset the problem goes away for a while
Anybody got any ideas as the manuals only refer to one light flashing at a time
Thanks

Sponsored Links
fan light means the pressure switch for the fan aint switching over check the fan is running and the tubes to the switch are clear and the fan is clean :)

yep had one do exact same .intermitent then becomes more regular . fault finding charts lead you to it in around about way . Baxi themselfs where a waste of time when i tried to confirm board fault before buying one. Board approx 75 quid

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies
Looks like my suspicions of a knackered pcb were correct

had a couple do this awhile back one was the air pressure swicth other was the pcb both brand new boilers both done under warranty eventually by baxi 4 days waiting must have some good products :rolleyes:

Before you rush out to buy a new PCB, RTFM! (http://www.baxi.co.uk/literature/index.html#combi150e).

There are several possible causes for this symptom. My first checks would be that the fan is running at full speed (if the bearings are knackered it won't be!) and that the path from the fan plenum to the air pressure switch is clear, especially the Venturi assembly. To make these checks requires dismantling parts of the boiler covered by Gas Safety, so don't if you're not CORGI-registered. In any case, a qualified heating engineer will have a better chance of minimising the cost of repair than you do!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back