BAXI 105e Combi No HW or CH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Got a BAXI 105e Combi boiler that has just stopped working.

The 60 degrees light is flashing which indicates 'Fault on Pump or Low System Pressure'

I have checked the pressure and is ok. I have taken the front off and no flame is visible but the flame indicator light is not flashing.

Any ideas what I could try and do before i call anyone out?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
You might be better off doing what you suggested yourself and calling out a professional !

You could always try changing the pump yourself but it may not be the underlying problem.

As with all boilers it needs a competent engineer to diagnose the real problem.

Tony

What is that supposed to mean. I am after help not funny remarks!

he don't enjoy christmas if you can tell

champagne-088.gif

Its freezing and I am not going to enojoy xmas now as we will have to pay a fortune no doubt.

British Gas or Baxi-Potty both do a fixed price repair for about £212.

In our local area we would expect the cost to come to about £120-£150 depending on exactly what we found was wrong.

Tony

BG fixed price repair is £165 or lower depending on area of country or whether you already take both fuels from them

BG fixed price repair is £165 or lower depending on area of country or whether you already take both fuels from them

I dont know where you get your figures from!

I like to be accurate with anything that I quote publically. In this case I said "about" £212. In fact its £210 !

Thats of course £2 too high for which I apologise! But its a lot closer than "£165 or lower"

From the BG website:-

This service is available in your postcode (nw9 5ln).

The price for your one-off heating repair is: £210

To book an engineer appointment call us anytime on: 0845 074 4019

yOUR RIGHT Agile they have changed the prices you can now get it for £99 by signing up for contract that costs £2 a months so fixed price repair is £123 as it would be a 12month contract.

Straight from the BG website

OK we called Baxi who have the HEAT TEAM as engineers. We paid £299 for a repair which includes call outs for any future problems for the year which isnt bad. Should get a service in the summer too.

He replaced a few rubber seals and everything started working again.

We then noticed leaking coming from 2 different places and a very loud noise at 3am in the morning I had to turn the boiler off then back on.

The engineer come out again and changed the presure valve at the top of the pump as it was leaking water and also another rubber seal on the other side of the boiler.

The engineer left and we then noticed the hot water had failed.

He has just been and replaced a ripped diaphram at the front of the 3 way diverter valve and everything is now working apart from when we first moved into the property when running a bath we had to add cold water to the bath to actually have a bath. This was in both summer and winter.

We have been told to run the tap slower to get hot water? We have never had to do this?

BUT he measured the GAS and the inlet pressure was 12.7Mb and the working pressure was 9.2 he said it should be 20Mb for the inlet.

I am now waiting for Transco to come and have a look at the low gas pressure. The engineer has already measured the pressure on the meter and said it was ok.

Why would these problems happen all at once?

BUT he measured the GAS and the inlet pressure was 12.7Mb and the working pressure was 9.2 he said it should be 20Mb for the inlet.

I am now waiting for Transco to come and have a look at the low gas pressure. The engineer has already measured the pressure on the meter and said it was ok.

Why would these problems happen all at once?

If the pressure at the meter is correct and at the boiler dangerously low then either the pipe has suddenly become blocked which is unlikely or the pipe is seriously undersized as a result of an illegal installation.

If the installer was CORGI registered then you should call him back to it and ask for his advice. If he did not upgrade the supply to the correct sze then a complaint to CORGI will result in a defects notice being served on him to do the work at his expense.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back