BAXI 105e Combi No HW or CH

The house is 5 years old and the boiler has been working fine? We have never had these problems before. The first problem we noticed was the bath water was coming out luke warm water. Even in winter it has always been hot?

Sponsored Links
have you followed the gas supply pipe to see if it has been squashed?

Was the installer CORGI registered Have you called him to ash him what he has to say before you call out CORGI ?

Tony

It sounds like the engineer has found standing pressure at the meter is as expected but has reported low working pressure to Transco.
Once they have corrected working pressure, gas valve may need adjusting to get correct pressure at burner and then hopefully all will be well.

I cant ask the engineer because it would have been whoever had the house built 5 years ago.

Would I be able to do anything as I feel fobbed off to be honest by the heat team.

Sponsored Links
Heat Team generally have a good reputation as quite helpful.

However, you have to understand their function is to repair correctly installed boilers.

Its not their fault if the builder used a dodgy Cosovan plumber who might have used too small a gas pipe to save on the costs of materials.

They should still tell you clearly what needs to be done to correct the situation.

If the gas supply is inadequate then you can get a free visit from CORGI who should have details of the installers if it was a large contract.

Tony

Hi,

Its been 2 months now and dont think I can put up with this hot water problem any more.

We have paid £300 to the heat team who fixed the boiler initially but I am not happy that they are telling me to run the tap in the bath slower so we get hot water. This just seems stupid because we have been in the house for 3 years and up until the boiler problems everything was fine?

Can someone please tell me what could be wrong.

I dont think it is worth getting the Heat Team out again as they dont think it is there problem and think the wrong pipes have been installed.

How would it work for 3 years then the hot water be affected. The second time an engineer came out he said that the water is too cold as it is winter. This is rubbish we have had a couple of winters with running a bath with the hot water tap full on and hot water.

Please try and help.

I suspect the cold flow to the boiler was originally restricted at the inlet valve, (common practice to satisfy people who don't understand water flow rates and how combis work). Since the works have been carried out the valve has been left fully opened.

If the gas inlet to the boiler is low (below 18mb) it will not operate at its designed performance level. This is an installation fault and should have been picked up on the 3 annual services you have had!
It is not a boiler fault and hence not covered by Heateam.

Measure the temp of the cold mains and the hot water (use the closest tap to the boiler) at 13lt/min flow rate.

When you have done this, let us know the readings.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back