Baxi 105e Hot water pressure problem??!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone, when i turn on hot water tap i get hot water once boiler fired up. Only problem is once it reaches temp the pressure seems to drop away? This is no problem in kitchen or for washing hands etc as i can just open tap further to increase flow but when i have a shower it starts off okay but when pressure drops i get lukewarm water! Any ideas appreciated

Henry

Sponsored Links
thanks for quick reply, shower was installed 10 months ago and was working fine. The only reason i think its the boiler is that when i run the utility hot tap for example, i get a steady flow of water which gradually gets warm to hot as you'd expect, but as soon as it gets hot the flow drops away so much so you have to open tap further to increase flow again and get hot water?

you've now got me thinking, its a thermostatic mixer shower, what do i need to check to eliminate this?? :?:

Sponsored Links
As an engineer I can only work on facts!

Can you measure the hot water flow from your hot taps?

To help its measured in litres per minute!

Your boiler can only heat about 11 li/min by about 35°C.

Tony

thanks for quick reply, shower was installed 10 months ago and was working fine. The only reason i think its the boiler is that when i run the utility hot tap for example, i get a steady flow of water which gradually gets warm to hot as you'd expect, but as soon as it gets hot the flow drops away so much so you have to open tap further to increase flow again and get hot water?

That's quite common. I've found that quite a lot, don't know if it's the washer expanding or the tap mechanism. As the flow increases when you open the tap further it's highly unlikely that the heat exchanger is scaled.

Mike

i have come across a few 105 with exchanges scaled up but i dont think its that in your case.

if all the taps are ok and its just the shower , maybe the model of the shower would help us ??

i have had this problem with the older miras and a new cartridge has fixed it.

thanks for all your quick replies, i didn't have time to check anything today and am work currently, shower is a grohe thermostatic i think the model is a grohetherm 1000. Like i said, no problems prior to this and shower only ten months old!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back