Baxi 105e hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an ongoing saga with a Baxi 105e.

New diverter valve fitted after having a lack of hot water unless the heating was running. Putting on a hot tap would result in the rads getting warm and luke warm DHW.

New PCB fitted, pt no. 5112380, after diagnosing a problem where the boiler woudnt fire up. The fan would do 1/2 a rotation then switch off and the fan fault LED would light.

Boiler has been working fine for a week (albeit the hotwater temp cycling slightly when something like the shower was running), but now wont run with a hot water demand. The CH runs OK, stable pressure and temp, but with a DHW demand the pressure gauge starts rising to the 2.5? bar limit and the PRV dumps. Pressure then drops to the pre DHW demand level of around 1.5bar.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the response.

The other thing i should note is that the Expansion Vessel failed 8 months ago and a 12L external vessel has been fitted on the return.

I will check the pressure on the vessel but with the boiler off and the system cold the pressure gauge holds steady at around 1bar.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back