Baxi 105E hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 105e which is only used for DHW (the CH system is disconnected).

It delivers hot water but when the hot water tap is shut off and then opened again, the "triangle/pyramid symbol" fault neon flashes.

I've tried to follow the fault finding steps in the manual, the DHW diverter valve piston seems OK, the "tap" green symbol illuminates and the pump runs.

Re-setting via the left-hand switch has no effect but if I switch off the boiler and leave it for 10 mins or so it will deliver the hot water (until the tap is turned off and on again).

Just to make the info complete, the problem first started with the downstairs tap only, the upstairs one functioned OK, but now both taps cause the fault.

Anybody got any ideas?

Many Thanks,

Dave Robbins.

Sponsored Links
on top of divertor there is another microswitch and pin, this pin maybe sticking up after HW demand this stops it firing up again , then it slowly retracts and HW will work again needs draining and stripping and pin cleaned .
If the pin is doing the opposite and not coming up to hit microswitch the little diaphragm in there needs changing

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back