Baxi 105e Humming sound

I work away all week and when I come home I just want it to work. I cant fiddle about with Gas boilers myself and I have a service contract with British Gas. I have to convince them of the problem, their repair rate with me in the past has been shocking..........this has been going on now for about ten weeks and they cant find the actual problem. My wife has used up about 8 of her days off, I have used about 5 Saturdays for them to come and scratch their heads. One guy put in boiler silencer,........for a hot water noise!

Sponsored Links
Is there a WC near the boiler - they can generate noises which you hear elsewhere.
When you hear the noise, take lid off cistern and lift float valve arm - if it's as simple as that.

Have the British Gas people actually heard the noise?

Does turning on a COLD water tap stop the noise by lowering the incoming pressure.

Has anyone changed or even looked at a flow restrictor in the boiler. ( I dont know if yours has but most boilers do !!! Its probably near where two thin tubes come from !!! )

Tony

Yes they heard the Boiler, the noise was on all the time when they were here. It appeared that the burner was not modulating down on the shower at all,.........until I went in the loft and turned down the cold water flow into the shower (in line stop valve in the loft), then it seemed to modulate down. I wanted to use their water flow measure to isolate and measure the hot water flow from the shower, then turn off the hot at the boiler and set the cold supply to the shower to the same flow rate. But they had been here for a couple of hours and were convinced they had found it. But since then, the noise still comes on but intermittent. There is no other water usage going on when the noise appears.

Does this sound plausable to match the flow rates? It never happened when we had the Aqualisa mixer, only when we fitted a bar mixer,.....but we have tried two different bar mixers, one cheap one and a triton.

Sponsored Links
Hi,
We have got a similiar problem with our 105e. A noise is heard when the boiler fires up, with the central heating and the hot water.

When the hot water tap is on = noise
put cold water tap on + hot water tap = no noise
turn cold water tap off = noise comes again.

The noise is a humming/whistling noise

ive read a few forums, some say a basic washer, diverter, and some flow rate.

Does anyone have the right answer to this problem???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back