Hi everyone,
Looking for a bit of advice on my Baxi 105e.
I recently replaced the pump and the automatic air vent (AAV) diaphragm, and added a can of Fernox F1 Express inhibitor into the system. Since finishing the work a couple of days ago, the boiler kettles/makes a noisy kettling sound for about 30 seconds right when it fires up, but after that initial half-minute, it settles down and runs completely fine.
I’m wondering if it's worth dosing the system with Fernox F2 Boiler Noise Silencer? I know F2 is designed to reduce kettling and plays well with F1, but I'm unsure if that's the best next step or if there's something else I should check first.
Could this just be lingering trapped air in the primary heat exchanger following the drain-down and pump swap, or does it sound like a flow issue / loosened debris after adding the F1?
Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions!
Looking for a bit of advice on my Baxi 105e.
I recently replaced the pump and the automatic air vent (AAV) diaphragm, and added a can of Fernox F1 Express inhibitor into the system. Since finishing the work a couple of days ago, the boiler kettles/makes a noisy kettling sound for about 30 seconds right when it fires up, but after that initial half-minute, it settles down and runs completely fine.
I’m wondering if it's worth dosing the system with Fernox F2 Boiler Noise Silencer? I know F2 is designed to reduce kettling and plays well with F1, but I'm unsure if that's the best next step or if there's something else I should check first.
Could this just be lingering trapped air in the primary heat exchanger following the drain-down and pump swap, or does it sound like a flow issue / loosened debris after adding the F1?
Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions!
