Baxi 105e losing pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have read some replies on the site bit do not understand abbreviations lol, please make simple in answers if possible. My boiler when not in use drops down to just above 0 and so I have to raise the pressure which I was shown how to do a while ago. But i have had to do it every day now for 3 days. My dad has recently segregated the boiler so it cant be used to see if it will lose pressure on its own to eliminate the boiler. What will this mean, do i then have to get some one to go under my floor and look for a leak which i am worried about as it will mean lifting all my flooring. please help :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sponsored Links
i guess your dad has turned off the isolation valves on the flow and return pipes to boiler, this will prove if leak is underfloor or not, best to do when a bit warmer weather though.. when your boiler is on heating does the pressure gauge rise to 3 bar and is there any signs of water from the pressure relief pipe outside

it goes to nearly 3 when heating is on, and yes it is a bit cold my daughter says her room like alaska lol. i am not sure about over flow though.

Sponsored Links
hello again, I found the boiler only dropped half a bar from 1.5 to 1 bar when disconnected from the system over 24 hours. But since connected back to heating system the pressure dropped to 0 within 24 hours. no water came out of the overflow pipe, and i have checked all the radiator pipes and cannot find any leak. I am so hoping this does not mean i have to get someone in to go under the floor boards to check all the pipe work as i will end up having to replace laminate flooring as it never goes back down the way it should. I must admit it has never had a fault in 7 years but i also have never got round to having it serviced. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just to keep everyone up to date. This thread went astray a little here

As baxpoti says you have a more immediate problem with regards the pressure vessel. Sort that out first and then deal with the leak if you are still losing pressure.

mmmmm right ok, i have booked for british gas to call on one of their one off charges, due on friday pm but just found out from my friend that she had the same problem and when they came out to her they looked at it and proceeded to get a foot pump out of the car and pumped some air into it. this still cost her the full amount of the fee of nearly £160. so i am wondering if this will happen to me now. please please please advise

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back