Baxi 105e low pressure/pump fault warning light.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, recently my boiler has developed a fault where the low pressure/pump fault fault warning will come on most mornings. After a couple of minutes the error light will clear and it will start to come on, but sometimes it takes longer and is rather an issue requesting hot water. According to the boiler the pressure is 2 bar, and while operating between 2-3bar.

I've tried to add some pressure to the system to see if the fault will clear (not that I should need to) but I'm only able to get it to 2bar (nothing's coming out of the PRV) shouldn't I be able to add more pressure?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Might be that could also be a sticking pump
Great, thanks. I've already got someone booked in to service it as I've more or less ruled out a pressure fault, I just wanted to make sure I didn't get mugged off and to have a rough idea of costs.

Sponsored Links
make sure you mention to whoever is servicing it what the fault you are having is, do not expect them to magically find it while carrying out the service

Fixing a fault a doing a service are two different things and generally will cost more but a good idea to get service done at the same time

Great, thanks. I've already got someone booked in to service it as I've more or less ruled out a pressure fault, I just wanted to make sure I didn't get mugged off and to have a rough idea of costs.

Why on earth do you think you are going to be "mugged off" ?

Have you considered that you may be mugging the engineer by calling him to do a service when you really have a fault?

Because of the risk of that I always schedule services after seven days !

Tony

Denco, ask the engineer to service the boiler as per the manual and then check boiler operation. If it is done as per the book, there is a good chance the fault will be rectified. Ask the guy his charges beforehand so there will not be any subsequent surprises

Do you want the job done well or do you want it done cheap and cheerfully which may or may not effect a cure

Why on earth do you think you are going to be "mugged off" ?

Have you considered that you may be mugging the engineer by calling him to do a service when you really have a fault?

Because of the risk of that I always schedule services after seven days !

Tony
I've previously had an experience of being overcharged for parts I apparently didn't require, that's why I wanted to get a better idea of where the fault was likely to lie.

I didn't mention it in the post but my boiler hasn't had a service in quite sometime so I thought it was about time it did, in addition I mentioned the fault when booking it in. So no I wasn't mugging the engineer off, thanks for the other posters who didn't assume that.

Denco, ask the engineer to service the boiler as per the manual and then check boiler operation. If it is done as per the book, there is a good chance the fault will be rectified. Ask the guy his charges beforehand so there will not be any subsequent surprises

Do you want the job done well or do you want it done cheap and cheerfully which may or may not effect a cure
Thanks for the advice, I definitely want it done well to a high standard and don't mind paying for a good job.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
There is not a great deal of preventative maintenance that can be carried out on a combi.And a service is certainly no guarantee of finding let alone curing an intermittent fault.No service is ever going to involve stripping the divertor valve to check diaphragms.

There is not a great deal of preventative maintenance that can be carried out on a combi.And a service is certainly no guarantee of finding let alone curing an intermittent fault.No service is ever going to involve stripping the divertor valve to check diaphragms.

Perhaps I am the lone wolf in the wilderness
Do strip diverted to clean, grease and take remedial action on diverter
Clean burner, heat exchanger, fan impellers, pump up the expansion vessel, look for leaks etc, check burner pressure are some of the checks carried out when I attend. Then again service is minimum one hour and charge for time and material. Those that accept this depth of work keep coming back.

But then again I suggest a service every other year since service is not a duster across the boiler case

Perhaps I am the lone wolf in the wilderness
Do strip diverted to clean, grease and take remedial action on diverter
Clean burner, heat exchanger, fan impellers, pump up the expansion vessel, look for leaks etc, check burner pressure are some of the checks carried out when I attend. Then again service is minimum one hour and charge for time and material. Those that accept this depth of work keep coming back.

But then again I suggest a service every other year since service is not a duster across the boiler case
yes of course....remedial work on divertor if it has a fault.but stripping it in every routine service!!.good luck with that.Not sure from your post if you strip every divertor valve on a routine service.Not so much a lone wolf,more like potentially causing yourself and the customer unnecessary hassle.

yes of course....remedial work on divertor if it has a fault.but stripping it in every routine service!!.good luck with that.

If boiler service is after 2 years slipped to a little more :whistle:, I find the little extra attention pays dividends as I charge for one hour minimum anyway when I attend.

so your 1hour 105 service includes taking out the whole divertor valve,stripping and servicing it,refitting checking then doing all the other checks?most 105s i work on have only had diapgragm kits in over 10years..seems grossly OTT what you do.

Last edited by a moderator:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back