Baxi 105e no warning lights... no heat!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Guys, please tell me if you know what is going on with my boiler...

Recently had a complete overhaul of the system as its was 'pishing' out of every seal possible!!! Cowboy fitted it, of course didn't realise this until he'd finished... Got a decent guy round to fix it and all was well for about a month...

So this is the current situation..

HW working fine,
pressure sitting at normal levels while system is off and running,
CH will flame up as normal,
No warning lights appear,

BUT...

The temp indicators go up really quickly and when the 80 degree lights up, the flame goes out (probably thinking it's at the top end of the heat), because it only takes about 45-60 secs to get up to this stage, even the nearest radiator (2-3 metres away) doesn't even get luke warm!!!

It then takes forever for the temp indicators to drop back down before the flame lights again and the whole process repeats itself.

I've tried turning the HW pre-heat off and reset the system, turned the thermostat to the max, and still cant get it to work.

Any ideas on what the problem is???

Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Could be wrong but i think this boiler has a filter in the return valve which will probably need taking out and cleaning, usually does the job!

Sponsored Links
Cheers Barry... The more opinions I get the better check list I'll have to work through ;)

Just a thought but have you got one of the flow /return iso valves turned off under the boiler.

Could be wrong but i think this boiler has a filter in the return valve which will probably need taking out and cleaning, usually does the job!

Most baxi 105s do although not all strangely :confused:

I am quite sure these do and if a cowboy fitted it i'm sure the system wont have been cleaned properley, as you know PP next will be new secondary H ex :cry:

I'd double check that the pump is running with CH demand and that the flow from the boiler isn't blocked.

Hi Dollydoodah,

I have the EXACT same problem.
Can you please tell me what was done to rectify this situation...

Kindest Regards
Tony

email me please ********see profile

Thanking You In Anticipation

I realise it's a very old post but I have exactly the same issue as you had with your baxi combi please could you tell me how you sorted this if you did manage it. Kind regards Richard [email protected]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back