baxi 105e - on odd occasions the centralheating does not on

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi 105e installed approx 3 years ago

Over the past few months - the central heating seems to be playing up

When on timer - on the odd day in a week, the central heating does not come on. Even is i set the on switch to constant it does not kcick in

The only way i can get it to work is by setting the temp dial to max, wait for 10 minutes , then it normally ckicks in.

Can any one help, as it normally goes off when the kids come back from school...

Thanks Mo

Sponsored Links
check system pressure is on about 1bar cold

If you have the standard clock with sliding sectors, it could well be that, they aren't very reliable. Usually you can tell by moving the small selector slightly. They often go intermittent.

Mick - thanks for the quick reply, check the system pressure, while central heating was off,its about 0.8 bar

Chris.. ill check the clock next, how does that explain the issue when i place the setting to constant not timer.. Do you mean the whole clock + the off, on timer switch could also be the problem.

The question im trying to work out is why if i set the temperature to max it then does come on after 510 minutes

Thanks for the quick replies to date .. much appreciated.. Mo

Sponsored Links
Happened again - central heating timer on as normal - but the central heating did not come on. I reset the boiler, switched pre-heat to minimum and the CH to max.

Also switched the clock. I could see the temp lights going up but no CH

After 20 minutes the boiler kicked in again.. Strange

Any help appreciated...

Are we talking 105e instant , i think we are.

What lights are on when its playing up.

Check that the HW light is not on (solid green).

If it is, there lies the fault.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back