BAXI 105E pressure drop & leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a 105E that has leaked from behind the pressure diff. valve. The boiler pressure is zero.
Before I leap to the conclusion tht the diaphragm on the diverter valve assembly is broken, would this cause the pressure to drop to zero?
Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Nope the diaphragm wont have anything to do with any pressure loss

Thanks Ianmcd but I've taken the differential valve off the diverter valve and water is coming out of the front of the diverter valve.
Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It’s leaking from the centre of the brass spigot at the front of the diverted valve, photo attached, differential valve removed.

Attachments

• 7C15E69D-ED76-4EFF-AB2E-52BF61FD21BF.jpeg
    7C15E69D-ED76-4EFF-AB2E-52BF61FD21BF.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 210
Before I leap to the conclusion tht the diaphragm on the diverter valve assembly is broken, would this cause the pressure to drop to zero?
thare is no Diaphragm in that part of the diverter valve, to take that pic you have removed the diagphram housing, if it is actually leaking from there you need to change the front end piece (the part with the two securing screws in it ) if you are competent , order up a diverter valve service kit and change the lot, but make sure you completely cover the electronics , you have the worst boiler in history for any escaping water getting into the PCB
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BAXI-COM...422681?hash=item5233536919:g:hxoAAOSw3sNebP4u

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Thanks Ianmcd, I was just a bit worried when you said this wouldn't cause the pressure to drop, but I'll do just what you've advised.
Many thanks for your help.

If the water leak is indeed from the tail plate , then the system pressure would drop, but would be over a long period as it would only be a very small leak

Right then, have changed the front end piece, diaphragm and pushrod o ring of the CH pressure differential valve. Leak has now stopped and boiler fires up.
However, from a cold pressure of 1.25 bar, the pressure rises to 2,5 bar, at which point I closed it down.
Any further advice very welcome.

re-charge the expansion vessel, lots in the FAQs how to do it, not gonna go through it all again, do ALL the steps, if you dont leave a drain open through the procedure no point in even trying

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back