Baxi 105e problem.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Baxi 105e and I am having a few problems with it.The trouble is it is an intermittant fault.
1... The fault happens on Central Heating and Hot Water.
2... When it locks out the flame failure and the fan lights come on.
3... I have taken off the fan/flue connection and checked to make sure it is clean (it is perfect).
4... I have checked the flue
5... I have checked the resistance of the fan and it is 31 Ohms and there is no short across the connections and it turns very well and not restricted by any noisy bearings.
6... The pump is running well and it is quiet.
7... Where the fan connects to the board it is giving 230V.
Sometimes the boiler will work for 3 hours with no problem and then after a reset it could fail 6-10 times before relighting.
I would like to think it is the PCB but don't want to buy one until I speak to somebody to confirm my limited knowledge on this subject.

Sponsored Links
Just remembered some more information and don't know if it is connected.
The water is so very hot even when the dial is turned down on the boiler.This has been like this for a while but the fault has only been like this for a few days.

Based solely on what you have told us I think you may have a gas valve which is seriously out of adjustment.

Judging by the way you have been taking the flue apart it would not surprise me if you have also been fidling with the gas valve as well.

You ought to know that gas boilers can be very dangerous if its by anyone who is not competent and this is usually indicated by a CORGI registration.

Apart from telling you what might the the cause of your problem I am not going to give you detailed instructions on what to do next.

I would suggest you get a competent CORGi to test the gas valve setup and operation.

Tony

No.I have not touched the gas valve Mr Tony. I just know that the Venturi is a big problem if blocked. Please don't judge me.

Sponsored Links
The fan, flue and venturi are all part of the gas train and only a competent person should work on them, thats normally a CORGI.

I judge you on what you have said you have done. Based on that I said that I would not be surprised if you had touched the gas valve.

All I can do is to repeat that I think the gas valve setting should be checked by a competent CORGI.

Thats what I think you should do but I have doubts that you are going to do it!

Tony

So you have jumped to the wrong conclusion my friend. I am deemed competant by an organisation but unfortunately do not have a vast knowledge of boilers. I am legally allowed to touch these appliances but choose not to for my living. This is my boiler so I feel that I will attempt to repair it myself.
If you do not wish to help me Tony then please just say so.
I hope somebody else will be more accomodating .

If you are CORGI registered then tell me your registration number, by email if you prefer, and then I will do what I can to help you.

Until then you will have to wait for someone who is less concerned about the safety of you and your family.

It always helps to tell the whole story in the beginning.

Tony

Mr Tony..
I find you very confusing. My CORGI Number proves nothing. I could if I wished give you a completely ficticious company reg number and say that was me.
Do you not think this problem is a circuit board related one.

Your procrastination makes me wonder if you really are CORGI registered. Dont you think that it would be easy to check?

The PCB is the LAST thing to change after all other possibilities have been exhausted.

Boiler faults are found by testing and eliminating components. If everything else is OK then it will be the PCB.

Until the gas valve setup is checked, I have no reason to suspect the PCB.

Now your CORGI number?

Tony

Mr Tony.
I am Registered and the only people that need to know that for sure are my customers and the tax man.
I do not just bandy my number about willy nilly.
I appreciate that you are only concerned about peoples safety that dabble in a bit of DIY.
I feel that my word should be good enough, but if it is not then please do not bother to help me.
I am sure that somebody will give me the information that I require.
Thanks for your help and may you be blessed for your caring nature.

S'funny Patel, why would you not know that you don't have to be Corgi registered to work on your own boiler, and that the tax man doesn't need to know?

But the tax man does know about my invoices from CORGI direct.And when I renew my reg every year
Maybe this is not a registration issue.
I am bored with this jostling.
Maybe next time I should log in as Samantha and then I will not get such treatment.

Chris R...
You still have to be deemed competant to work on your own boiler, it is not just a working for reward issue any more.

No you do not have to be deemed competent
"Still" ... "any more"... it hasn't changed, in a long time
"reward" is not part of the distinction.

Back to the books for you I think? :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back