BAXI 105E USUAL PRESSURE PROBLEM BUT NO EXPANSION VESSEL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a baxi 105e which has the usual problem with pressure rising and dumping through the prv. I have renewed the prv and thought my next step was to check diaphragm in expansion chamber but it appears there isn't one. so besides filling loop passing on valves could it be a problem with the other diaphragm on the hot water by pass valve, or is this not related to this type of problem . It currently needs topping up every day. Thanks for any replies

Sponsored Links
Could be down to those expansion vessel stealing fairies ;)

Not to sound bitter and twisted, but if you cant find the big ret metal expansion vessel, and you changed the PRV before sorting the vessel then I doubt you will be up to speed on repairing one, and as such would be better getting an RGI to check over the boiler for you, (prvs are saftey devices-while not gas critical its not something to be played about with, with little or no knowledge of what your doing)

Sponsored Links
In addition to topping it up every day you are adding new oxygen to the system!

That will rust the inside of your rads! that causes sludge which will eventually block the system and parts of the boiler.

I mam sure that in Cheshire there are some gas registered engineers who will repair boilers!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back