Baxi 105e

T

tdesnos

Hi there everyone TFI friday!

Got a baxi 105e condensing combi that has the pressure going up when central heating was on. Did a test on the expansion vessel and found it to be knackered and full of water. Replaced that and everything seemed a ok.

Now, the customer has just called me saying he ran the DHW and it increased the pressure to 3.25 bar?!! He also gave the CH a run again and found the pressure to go from 2bar to 2.5 to 3 and then when it modulated it returned to 2?

I never leave the filling loop attached, well i do, but i'm just saying that to add emphasis to my point - in this case it's not attached. And i tested the new expansion vessel before i fitted it??? Surely it couldn't of gone again?

Any ideas?

Thanks all have a good weekend!

Sponsored Links
The plate heat ex on these are prone to failure, but check the flex to the exp vessel - you did check the precharge pressure in the new one, didn't you?

The plate heat ex on these are prone to failure, but check the flex to the exp vessel - you did check the precharge pressure in the new one, didn't you?

I'm not the most experienced gas engineer around here by any means - but i'm no noob either! :D

Sponsored Links
Its normal on these boilers for the pressure to rise 1 to 1.5 bar so it sounds like its doing what it should ! when you fill system you should only fill it to 1bar 1.5 bar max!!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back