BAxi 105e !!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, When I run hot the water tap, the Baxi fires up then slowly begins to make banging noises. At the same time the pressure gauge jerks upwards until finally the gauge reaches maximum and the flame LED goes out. When the tap is turned off the pressure reverts to normal. Any ideas??

Sponsored Links
Undo nut on front of pump and try turning it with flat blade screwdriver. Water will drip out though at the same time.

Isn't this just the usual blocked plate HE?

Tony

Sponsored Links
Pump is fiutted with an AAV. Why vent from the screw when AAV should be doing this?

I would be looking at the benchmark logbook to see if any cleaning and inhibiting was carried out, followed by water quality check. I too suspect muck in the plate heat exchanger

DP said:
Pump is fiutted with an AAV. Why vent from the screw when AAV should be doing this?

Not venting pump :rolleyes: getting him to check it is working ;)

One to you and nil to me

I ususally use a long screwdriver, hold one end against the pump and other against the ear to hear the water being pumped. I do this because when the central screw is removed, I have been soaked in the past

Although he is a little economical with the words, I think he means it works OK on central heating.

If thats the case then the pump is working fine.

Tony

DP said:
One to you and nil to me

I ususally use a long screwdriver, hold one end against the pump and other against the ear to hear the water being pumped. I do this because when the central screw is removed, I have been soaked in the past

name me one of us who has not got soaked for one reason or the other :rolleyes: Not the first an definitley not the last time it will happen :LOL:

Warwick said:
Hello, When I run hot the water tap, the Baxi fires up then slowly begins to make banging noises. At the same time the pressure gauge jerks upwards until finally the gauge reaches maximum and the flame LED goes out. When the tap is turned off the pressure reverts to normal. Any ideas??

It does make the same noises when running the heating but not to the same extent. Thanks for the info.

In that case its probably dirt stuck in the pump impeller.

Isolate boiler and drain and remove pump head to check.

Tony

Agile said:
In that case its probably dirt stuck in the pump impeller.

Isolate boiler and drain and remove pump head to check.

Tony
The guy I had come round to work on my Baxi has fitted a new D/H/W heat exchange and a day later I have no hot water again. The pressure gauge does not spike but the same banging noise comes from within the bolier then the flame led goes out!! He is coming back tomorrow pm. I wonder if he will fix it!!!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back