Baxi 105HE Central Heating issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Recently I've noticed that the radiators are getting warm despite the dial on HW only

It seems when the tap is turned on for HW it also for some reason turns the CH on

Any ideas what could be causing this please

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Agreed your Divertor valve is letting By you have two options , replace complete valve or fit service kit , depends on how confident you are .

Changed the diaphragm not long ago too as the water kept getting cold mid shower for a few minutes and would then get warm again.

Sponsored Links
I never bother replacing the guts,just change the whole divertor valve.some guys do buy the kit and "service" the valve..take your pick.

Just strip it and clean it no need for the valve or the kit , its merely a bit of gunge on the pin clean and grease it lost count of how many i have done

download.jpg

Each to there own..cant believe you never get called back to a polished up one ever..and you gonna tell me its a 5 minute job...so you guarentee the repair....what a prat one..just replace it

half hour job to strip and clean so customer is only paying for labour and first time fix as opposed to an additional 100 quid for a valve . Never been called back to any it is caused purely by restricted movement on the pin due to build up of gunk nothing else ,

Lookin at that pic..there is not much inside them.never took much notice or fancied strippin one down before.did one the other day.couldnt believe price of it.will strip it down in future.thanks for tip.every day is a school day..esp in bleedin plumbin!

You cant buy the baxi official part of the service kit as far as i know so new valve everytime for me

the boiler was not a baxi to start with it was an alpha that baxi bought the rights to hence why the service kits are alpha . bUT HEY IF YOUR NOT CLEVER ENOUGH TO WORK OUT HOW TO FIX A BASIC FAULT GO FOR THE EXPENSIVE PART THAT Is not required. fek i am nt changing all those upper case

Thanks guys - Will do a clean and regrease and see how things go. If still broken then will replace the whole unit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back