Baxi 105 HE Issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Currently have a 10 year old Baxi 105HE which seems to have developed a fault

When HW is requested the CH radiators also seem to get warm too

HW stays hot for about 5 minutes and then goes cold and then warm again (intermittent)

I've also noticed one of the red temperature lights flashing when the HW is requested

I replaced the diaphragm but think it could be the whole diverter valve that needs replacing?

Any help appreciated

Sponsored Links
Replace the diverter valve and clean or replace the plate heat exchanger.

Sponsored Links
Cleaned loads and only had a couple that gave problems.
How long does it take?how long does it last?..still need to change seals.must take at least 1 hour to do half sensibly then you just guessing. Then you offer a warranty ..then you called back? To save a few quid...Bizarre way to do business

takes 20 mins to clean a baxi plate heat exchanger and as for seals only ever had to change one despite cleaning over 100. leave it soaking whilst stripping and cleaning divertor , it comes up like brand new and gives you one call fix and saves customer cost of a new plate ..no brainer

Currently have a 10 year old Baxi 105HE which seems to have developed a fault

When HW is requested the CH radiators also seem to get warm too

HW stays hot for about 5 minutes and then goes cold and then warm again (intermittent)

I've also noticed one of the red temperature lights flashing when the HW is requested

I replaced the diaphragm but think it could be the whole diverter valve that needs replacing?

Any help appreciated

Thanks - diverter valve ordered and will be replaced

How long does it take?how long does it last?..still need to change seals.must take at least 1 hour to do half sensibly then you just guessing. Then you offer a warranty ..then you called back? To save a few quid...Bizarre way to do business

I’ve cleaned loads too. Takes no time, never had an issues. Always sorts the problem.

Yes, but the OP's name is DIY_guy - so if he's handy, he can clean it in less time than it takes to get to the merchant's and back. Once the plate's out (a job that has to be done whether you're cleaning or replacing hex) it can be done in max 20 mins. The hexs work good as new after a dose of acid.

Also, the Spirits of Salts is a fiver versus £80+ for new hex. On an old boiler, makes much more sense. Maybe it makes some sense to replace for customers, but in this case it's a DIYer doing it for himself.

Last edited:
takes 20 mins to clean a baxi plate heat exchanger and as for seals only ever had to change one despite cleaning over 100. leave it soaking whilst stripping and cleaning divertor , it comes up like brand new and gives you one call fix and saves customer cost of a new plate ..no brainer
In your dreams.changed 1 seal on hundreds of plate heat exchangers..you having a larf

Nope , but then again no point explaining to you as you think cleaning a plate wont last as long as fitting a new one

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back