Baxi 105he hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks
Wonder if anyone can help. I have a 105he not the instant. I'm have a problem with the hot water supply and the 60 degree light illuminating indicating low pressure or pump problem, the boiler is pressurised and the pump is working.
The issue seems to be that when i turn on the hot water the top pin on the diverter valve comes out and everything works as it should, but the pin is not retracting after turning off the hot water supply then after a few seconds the 60 degree light comes on when i then help the pin down off the micro switch everything returns to normal.
I've just had the diverter valve apart and serviced it with a kit, its made no difference at all. To be honest i didnt think it would as the pin didnt seem stuck but running out of ideas.

Grateful for any suggestions

Sponsored Links
Have you checked the diverter valve motor head?

Hi thanks for the reply ive looked at the pictures of the motorhead, but it doesn't seem the my diverter valve has a motor head so i was assuming that the motor head was just for the instant. i may be wrong just cant see it anywhere.

Yes’m sorry, i was getting mixed up with boilers, it’s pressure differential valve on that one. Might be the sensing pipes or perhaps a weak pump.

Sponsored Links
Cheers and thanks for the suggestion re the pump, just stripped the diverter valve again, took the pipes off and blew them through, just putting it back together.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
underneath the small diaphragm is a tiny orifice, it will be that needs cleaning out

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Thanks for taking the time to contribute, Well the old 105he is working again. Stripped diverter valve once more and put it back together although i suspect it wasn't the issue, there is a small bore tube goes from the top of the diverter valve/small diaphragm housing 8mm nut and joins a larger bore tube that leaves the rear of the diverter valve and goes toward the pump housing alongside the plate heat exchanger, the small bore pipe was at least partially if not fully blocked. Needed blowing through, its designed with a coil shape probably for a very good reason but the downside being also a debris trap
Thank you once again.

Keith

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back