Baxi 130 HE

DP

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Went to service this boiler couple of weeks ago.

Noticed the sealing (white stuff) from the burner edges was missing. Also the burner when it lights, causes the burner to emit a farting noise. Boiler did not do this when it was fitted about two years ago.

Does the boiler need a new burner?

Suggestions as to why the boiler is noisy (and cure) most welcome.

Sponsored Links
nope but it does need a new internal combustion seal, dont know if that will stop the noise but it will stop the boiler shutting down due to overheating the thermister by the fan

corgiman - i think he means the white edging from round the burner, not the door seals..

yes you do need a new burner, its causing the flame to become unstable and make the droaning noise. when you fit it, DO NOT TOUCH THE BURNER TOP, as it is very fragile...

and when putting back together, put locking washers on the conbustion box door bolts to stop them vibrating loose and destroying your door seals....

ohhh I see

Best not to touch it unless you are competent to do so mate

best get a CORGi person in

Sponsored Links
Since everyone who has posted so far is CORGI registered then we must assume that they are deemed competent!

Tony

Well I do apologise that I am not as up on everyones CORGI status as you are Agile

cor you can be a cold fish now and again cant you ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back