Baxi 133HE Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just discovered that my Baxi 133HE Plus is losing water pressure on the central heating side causing a droning noise from the boiler when hot water is drawn off. When the water is topped up via the filling loop the noise stops, however I have had to top up the system several times in the last couple of weeks, there are no leaks in the radiator system and there is no air in any of the radiators so I'm baffled. Both the radiators and the hot water system are heating as required. Has anyone experienced a similar problem ?

Cheers

Dave

Sponsored Links
Look at the pressure release valve vent pipe, usually to outside behind boiler.

Also watch the pressure as heating warms up from cold then tell start pressure and max reached.

Tony

As Agile has hinted it's probably a leaking prv or expansion tank issue. Tie a plastic bag over the prv pipe outlet......if after a while of using the boiler you have water in it theprv and or the expansion vessel ned looking at

Hi Dave,

Can I ask whether you managed to find and fix the problem with your Baxi133HE Plus, as I am having EXACTLY the same problem.
Keep topping it up to stop the 'jet aircraft' sound I keep getting when using the HW. I inherited this boiler when I moved in about 6 months ago and I do not find it very reliable. My worry is that with all this topping up, I should also be adding inhibitor.....but how much and when?? Would rather solve the problem once and for all if I can.

Sponsored Links
Wjy not read the reply that I gave the original poster?

Tony

Morning Tony,

I did read your reply, but have to admit to not having a clue what it meant! :confused: As an Optician, I can tell you all about eyes....but not a clue when it comes to clever stuff like engineering!!
Because I have already had problems with this boiler I have paid £350 to Baxi for 1 years support. I was hoping to ascertain whether the problem is genuinely a boiler problem....or something else. I cannot find a leak in the system, so presumed boiler....but I am not qualified enough to know for sure. As my problem sounds very similar to that of Dave, I figured I would make my problem Baxi's problem if it was the boiler :)
I have already had the motorised valve replaced (apparently!) and new gas supply (to raise pressure) to the house as a result of this darn boiler. Figure it wasn't well maintained previously so in difficult situation of either trying to make best of what I have, or starting new....not sure which is most cost effective at this stage.

Read the FAQs about expansion vessels!

BG would have been a lot cheaper than Baxi for a years cover.

I went to a nupty optician who refused to give me the power of lens that I wanted. She stated that "there are only two prescriptions" available! She is so stupid! Her firm lost out because I just went to an online glasses supplier where I could quote a prescription to suit the use!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back