Baxi Combi 133HE - Baxi Intellistat (Thermostat)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My nan currently has a Baxi Combi 133HE boiler with a Baxi Intellistat (Thermostat). The heating is failing to start whatever you set the thermostat temperature to.

The hot water is working fine, so im guessing the Intellistat is faulty. Is there anything I can do to temporally get the heating working while I wait for a replacement Intellistat/Thermostat.

Can I join the live/switch live from the Intellistat to force the heating to come on. If so does anyone know which wires these are on the baxi intellistat.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No you need to do this at the boiler by linking out the live/switch live.

It will almost certainly be the intellistat (grrr) but dont try this unless you feel confident......a new pcb will be expensive. Oh and the boiler will need switching manually all the while for heating

Your 130he. Make sure intellistat is activated in the installer parameter

To activate the Intellistat, the boiler installer parameter No6 requires switching from 60 to 61

Check this is done..

Thanks

The intellistat (thermosat) & baxi boilder have/had been working for about 4 years and nothing has changed, so wouldn't have though I need to change the setting to 61. Is it likely this setting can change on it's own. i.e after a power cut for example.

Regarding connecting the live/switch live - I have looked at the attached diagram in the boiler installation manual, im guessing on the "baxi intellistat terminal block" the + = live & the S = switch live. Is this correct ?

Thanks again

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back