Baxi 35/80 system boiler flame fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The boiler is approx 3 year old and I am having an intermittent fault over the past few few weeks which is getting more frequent. It is controlled by an integrated timer and recently the flame fails to ignite particularly so in the mornings when it is set to come on. The red 30* indicator (flame failure)will flash. There are no external controls on the central heating circuit. It will always fire up subsequently when I turn the main switch to reset. I have read somewhere on this forum about a condensation trap or something similar which may need to be checked but cant seem to locate it. Any suggestions before I call in a plumber. Serviced 6 months ago.

Ta, Ger

Sponsored Links
35/80 ? Not a UK boiler so I've never seen one.

Are you on LPG?

What is the burner low gas set to?

Hi Baxpoti,

No, bought and installed in Ireland - dont understand what you mean by
burner low gas setting. Yea, runs on lpg.

I think that if you have a Baxi 35/80 IE then it is NOT a condensing boiler in which case it will not need a condensate trap. Its 24 kW power.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Yea Tony, 35/80 IE boiler - I had thought it was a condensing boiler!. So - is there something else I can examine to try to rectify this prob?

I may be wrong, but dont you have the handbook for the unit?

If condensing it will have a white plastic 21mm tube coming out from a plastic condensate trap and going to a nearby drain or soakaway.

Tony

Nothing like that on this boiler ,Tony - not a condensation boiler then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back