baxi 552 back boiler replacement front

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have a trusty baxi bermuda 552 back boiler that works perfect but obviously due to age the fire is very dated. Where can i get a replacement fire front from? cheers

Sponsored Links
He is right, they are all horrifically dated looking because the 552 is horrifically dated.

Sponsored Links
i have a trusty baxi bermuda 552 back boiler that works perfect but obviously due to age the fire is very dated. Where can i get a replacement fire front from? cheers

Ebay, I'm afraid. All renewal fires have been deleted by Baxi. Or phone local shops formex display deals, or local plumbers for salvage. Serioulsy.

Just done a quick search some must still have them in stock .
Wait for it £670 for the basic one and £1259 for an SP3 who in there right mind would spend that sort of money complete rip off

Hi,

We have one too, nice bit of kit.
If you are looking in the medium term and it is not urgent, then search on eBay but be very careful you cover how people might describe it e.g. baxi (fire, front) will look for the words baxi AND either the word fire or the word front and as this would most likley be a pickup only you could also add up to 25 miles for example. Then SAVE the search.
You will then get emails from eBay when anything is listed matching your search, for the next 3 months. This is better than just having a look every now and then and not finding what you want.
Apologies if this is a case of grandmas and eggs but I have often found rare stuff that has been put on there and also hear people say, I checked ebay a couple of times, nothing doing.

I see there are a few on there at present...good luck.

andytw

thanks andy for your help, theres an sp3 on at the minute, will this definatley fit a 552 baxi boiler? will i need any other parts? will any plumber be able to fit it or would they need baxi experience? cheers

thanks andy for your help, theres an sp3 on at the minute, will this definatley fit a 552 baxi boiler? will i need any other parts? will any plumber be able to fit it or would they need baxi experience? cheers

The 'plumber' MUST BE GasSafe registered to carry out a) the removal of the existing b) fit and commission the replacement fire-front.

Certain of the flame effect fires need a permanent live to power up the light-bulbs under the coal bed.

DH

Yes sp3 will fit ...But will prob need a new supply pipe , part number can be got from website already given it will need the larger size of the 2 bores avialable

Yes sp3 will fit ...But will prob need a new supply pipe , part number can be got from website already given it will need the larger size of the 2 bores avialable

It will also need a permanent live, (for the ignition and lamps) which probably won't be present if the existing is a radiant model.

EDIT: when viewing to purchase, remove the glass and coal bed. Carefully inspect the burner for horizontal splits across the burner flame ports (holes). The burners are readily available, but cost about £40-£50.

Any GS RGI with a fire and boiler ticket will be able to fit. But check he is familiar with this type of work. Sometimes the fireplace opening is a little too large for an SP, particularly at the top where the case is angled

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back