Baxi 552 boiler to a vp3 fire

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a baxi 552 back boiler with a 4 burner radiant fire I have just bought a baxi bermuda vp3 fire When i called my local corgi registered installer about swapping over the fires he said i would have to get a supply pipe from the boiler to the fire I got the pipe but it looks a much smaller diameter to the original pipe which looks the same diameter as the connection to the vp3 fire can anyone tell me if this is correct about the pipe as the fitter is due to come out next week when he returns of holiday and i was wanting to have the part for him to just do the swap

Sponsored Links
from memory the supply pipe for the new fire is about half the diameter of the old firefronts with roughly the same connections so it will be ok, did you purchase the fire new as the supply pipe should be in the box?

Go to Baxi website and check if the VP3 is compatible with your back boiler.

There is 2 types of supply pipe the thin pipe is for the newer back boilers and is no use for the 3 way tap on a 552 you need the thicker pipe like you have just now to your fire but its a slightly different shape and longer

Sponsored Links
That is what i thought it looked like so i will have to return the smaller pipe and get the bigger bore pipe you dont know the part no do you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back